Gantt Chart is an amazing tool for tacking & monitoring a projects’ progress throughout its life cycle.
If in real life a picture is wroth a 1000 words then in project management a project charts are worth 1000 times more than just a task list or a to do list!
Few project management applications on the market today provide real useful Gantt charts and even fewer provide interactive charts.
If you are not familiar with Gantt chart tools and how they are used in project management, a good resource for learning is introduction to Gantt Chart software which I wrote recently.
We have had a chart in our application for more than two years now and it has been sited by our customers as the most significant factor for choosing Binfire for their project management needs.
After two years, time has come for us to update & improve our chart from good to an absolutely awesome project management tool.
The credit goes to our customers who gave us great feedback and insight on how they use the Gantt in daily work to track projects and tasks.
Gantt Chart road-map
For a Gantt chart to be effective, it needs to display the project information to the user in a simple and yet comprehensive manner.
The user should have the ability to show more or less data, hide sub-tasks and changes details on the chart itself.
The following are the current Gantt features which has been available in Binfire from day the one. This chart is an interactive tool for creating and adjusting tasks in real time.
- Extend task’s duration by using mouse drag & drop
- Shorten task’s duration
- Add and remove dependencies
- Complete a task partially or in full (completed). The percentage of the work done is shown in dark purple color.
- Move a task forward & backward in time again using drag and drop
- Show or hide sub-tasks to make the chart easier to follow
- To see and edit Task’s details in Gantt Chart by clicking on the task’s name
- Waterfall view, which displays the tasks from the earliest to the latest in the project. This creates a waterfall which is much easier to look and follow.
The above is an impressive feature list, but we don’t think it is enough. The following is the list of new improvements / features we are working on make the Gantt chart even more awesome. These new features should be available in the next few months:
- Add new tasks directly in the chart
- Delete tasks in chart
- Task ordering filter to let the user decide how they want tasks be ordered in the chart.
- Portfolio Gantt; all your projects in one awesome Gantt chart. This is great feature for project managers working on multiple projects sharing same resources.
- Add dependencies from a task from one project to a task from another project
We believe a great Gantt chart can make it easier to track, adjust and monitor your projects and tasks.
This will cut the time to track and update projects and makes your team more productive.
Coupled with improvements we have made in the task management page, our new Gantt will be the single best tool for adjusting, tracking and monitoring the progress of project and tasks.
We are investing a great amount of time and resources on improving our chart & task management page for our customers!
If you are managing a project or a portfolio of projects, if you are a startup or an established small business, try the best project management software with awesome collaboration features in the market today to get things done fast.
Act now to get your 1 month free trail subscription, no credit card needed!